For the past several years, I’ve hosted a vLadies Nite at VMworld – a night for ladies where we have dinner and enjoy each other’s company. Even though VMworld is virtual this year, and we won’t get the chance to be together enjoying wine at a fabulous restaurant, our event is still a go on 10/1/2020.
vLadies Nite – the Details
As you know, I’m a big believer in choosing your own online adventure, so vLadies Nite has two options: dinner only, dinner + a special live event: Secrets of Japanese Whiskey with Kenji, live from Osaka Japan.
Tickets are limited for the Japanese Whiskey event, so be sure to get your Eventbrite ticket soon!
Update: Whiskey List!
Here are the Japanses whiskeys Kenji suggests:
- Suntory ”Toki”: This is most standard smooth Japanese whisky which is easier to get in foreign countries.
- Nikka “Taketsuru”: This my most favorite whisky. Authentic pure malt whisky with perfect balance and flavor.
- “Ichiro’s malt”: A new generation. The most popular micro distilally’s whisky in Japan.
What to Expect
Here’s the agenda for vLadies Nite 2020 (all Pacific Time Zone):
- 5:00 – 5:30: Mingle in the Meeting In the Ladies room channel in the vHallway Discord Server
- 6:00 – 8:00: Dinner on Discord. Who will have the fanciest dinner? The most interesting wine? This should be fun as you will need to supply your own dinner! Make it as fancy or as simple as you like!
- 8:00 – 9:15: Special live event: Secrets of Japanese Whiskey with Kenji in Osaka, Japan. This will be on Zoom, spaces are limited. Brought to you by Digital Sunshine Solutions.
- 9:15 – ? : Time to Unwind. Back to discord to unwind and visit a bit more.
Next Steps to Prepare for vLadies Nite
Here’s what you need to do next to have fun at vLadies Nite:
- Go to Eventbright and choose your adventure. Seats are first come first serve for the dinner + Japanese Whiskey Adventure. [Eventbright link].
- Come check out the vHallway Discord Server. If you’re not familiar with Discord, come on in and say hi in the info-station channel. We’ll be having dinner here, so you’ll want to test your audio/video ahead of time. [vHallway Discord Server invite].
- Plan your dinner. You’re on your own for the actual food and drink! Make it as crazy fancy or supremely simple as you like! Have wine – or hibiscus tea! I think half of the fun will be seeing what every does. I’m totally getting take out from someplace fancy :).
- Plan for the Japanese Whiskey event. Here’s what our host suggests:
- Japanese whiskey if you have.
- Soda or sparkling water and Ice if you want make “Highball”
- Your favorite snacks
It has been one heck of a year. And VMworld is sure to be different this year. Why not kick back with your girls and decompress from the news we’re sure to hear, and take a break from the new normal we’re all dealing with.
I hope to see you at vLadies Nite! I think we can make this one just as good if not better than the last ones!
Please let me know if you have any questions!